Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Thirst

Me and some of my friends and cousins have this inside joke about the "The Thirst". Basically "the thirst" is an epidemic that causes guys and girls alike to act desperate in an attempt to gain the opposite sex's attention. Like when a girl constantly texts a guy when she knows he's really not interested in much. Or when a guy stands in a spot where he knows girls will be, with the sole intention of hitting on them. Or perhaps when a girl spends hours fixing herself up to go to the club and wears uncomfortably high heeled shoes, tight clothes, and displays every physical aspect of her body in the hopes of being noticed by a guy. It's called the thirst because apparently these poor individuals aren't getting the attention/ affection they needed, so they act out of desperation to achieve it. Although this is just a joke among friends, it got me thinking. Because we're all thirsty. And like those aforementioned, we're going about quenching it the wrong way. Personally, I know this is my problem. There are days when I just feel like something's missing. And it's typically at this pivotal moment that I do something...dumb. I'll go out with the wrong crowd, call the wrong person from my past, or just go back to the things I used to do. And in the back of my head, I know that these things I'm doing are never gonna quench the thirsting of my soul. Because I know what I really need is to pray, read, my bible, do something that's gonna get me closer to God. We may not realize it but we're all dying from thirst. You know those crutch habits you run to when things get bad? Yeah, that's the thirst. Most of the problems and bad habits we have stem from our thirst. The alcoholism...yup...thirst (and not the physical thirst). Sex addiction....yup...you're thirsty. Drugs? Thirst...But there's someone that can no doubt quench the thirst...FOREVER. I call Him Jesus...Here's His number: John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment