Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rambling about the Grand Canyon












One thing that I'm sure all teenage (and even some adult) females go through is the constant struggle with self-esteem. For some, it's just the occasional days were you may just feel plain ugly. However, for others it's even worse and that self-esteem monster attacks you like everyday. I am pretty much in between the two. I have my days when I try to avoid mirrors at all costs. But this summer I had an experience that quelled pretty much all of my self-esteem woes. I visited the Grand Canyon! Now, I know that doesn't really sound that life-changing, but I've never been off the east coast of the US...so this was a pretty big deal. I wasn't expecting some divine revelation when I visited, maybe a few cool pics and a nice souvenir. Well, I got my nice pics and a new perspective! When I first saw the Grand Canyon, it didn't look real...it looked like it had been photo shopped or something. I got to thinking about how only God could make something so beautiful that it didn't seem real. Like my brain couldn't process the beauty of such a place. This led me to think that if God created such a beautiful Grand Canyon, how much more beautiful I must be. Think about it, the Grand Canyon is simply just a pretty hole in the ground...but we are "made in His image" (Genesis 1:27). Now that I have rambled on about a hole in the ground, here's some pictures...

1 comment: