Saturday, September 24, 2011

Open up, Baby! This is Love.

Ok, so that title's probably a little on the creepy side, but for some reason I think it's a quote or lyric from a song...really can't remember. But anyway, as teens we get hurt by a lot of people, things, and circumstances. Christians also go through hurt and hardships (Psalms 44:22). So for a Christian teen, it may feel like we're getting a double portion. And like most humans, when we get hurt, we shy away, we turn away, we close ourselves up. Which not only makes our relationships with friends, family, and others really difficult, but more importantly our relationship with Christ may suffer. Sometimes I find myself hesitant to "put myself out there", so to speak. One thing I've always struggled with is completely trusting God (a whole nother blog post). But when I feel the fear that attempts to keep me from really letting God in, I kinda have this realization that often makes me feel like the most idiotic fool. I realize that Christ put Himself waaaaaaaayyyy "out there", on a cross, to die, in  front of a taunting crowd, and He KNEW people (even His own) would reject Him. And if that's not love...then I don't believe it exists...

2 comments: