Thursday, November 3, 2011

Disappointment

One of my biggest fears is disappointing people. Lately, I have been feeling like I've let alot of people down. I'm always careful not to mess up and when I do, I have a hard time moving on. But today, I saw a quote that said "You (God) don't love us less if we fail. You don't love us more if we succeed." That spoke volumes to me because I always felt like people wouldn't love me as much if I didn't make honor roll, or if I wasn't perfectly personable. But God is the type of friend, lover, Father, etc. that won't let His love for us be affected by what we do or don't do. Yes He'll be disappointed, but His love will still be the same. It's constant and not based on our good deeds. It's undeserved yet He won't take it away.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it said that we're only humans, which means we all mess up and make mistakes through our lives. But that's the way it's supposed to be, God has made it that way. I believe every mess-up is supposed to happen to make our true character develop and grow. Without mistakes, people don't really learn, and without hard times, we mightn't value our faith as much. I don't know if I'm making any sense, just trying to say that it's alright to make mistakes, especially when you're young. You know why? Because ultimately, God will help us to find the right path. If we're just willing to follow. :) I hope you will have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this! I don't have a great number number of friends at my new school, so iv'e desperately been trying to please everyone in order to make new friends, and feeling awful every time I haven't gone to the office with them, or carried one of their bags. This has made me realise that people should just accept me for my faullts, and if they dont, they're probably not the kind of friend i should have!

    ReplyDelete