Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bearing it alone

Often times in movies, magazines, and commercials teens are depicted as being surrounded by friends, laughing, and having a good time. As a little kid that's what I thought adolescence was about. Well, I was wrong. Especially for those of us walking with Christ, we will find ourselves alone ALOT. This is currently the lesson I am being taught. Being away at college had really made me realize that my life is on a different track than that of my loved ones. I've been really sad lately because I'll cal a friend when I'm free, but their busy. Or they'll have time to talk to me...but only when I'm busy. It's very frustrating. And there have been a lot of times when I've been crying or on the verge of tears, and have wanted to call someone...but everyone's busy. 
This has led me to realize and remember that Christ bore His cross alone. He had no one to cry to except the Father. And as a Christian, I have to follow that example. I may be bearing my cross alone, but I am not, was never, and never will be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment