Wednesday, October 12, 2011

No ordinary romance

So first, apologies for my neglect...I've just been busy and doing a lot of adjustments in my life. Luckily, one of these adjustments is perfect for this blog :) So, I've been saved for a couple years now, and when I first got saved I tried to have a relationship with Christ that resembled that of a boyfriend/girlfriend. At this time, all my peers were dating and had boyfriends so I thought that putting God in that position would work. It worked but, recently I've realized that it's so far from enough. Because the love God has for me is so far from any love that could be found between humans. And our relationship is so different than that between a girlfriend and boyfriend.  Because no guy is gonna lay down his life for a girl...especially one with as many flaws as me. So lately, I've been changing my perspective on God. I can't actually articulate how I'm beginning to view Him now...but it's kind of in this awestruck, head-over-heels, can't get enough manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment