Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Romans 8

So in about one week, I'll be ending my first year of college. There were A LOT  of times when I thought I was not going to make it through. But, through Christ alone I did. Through everything I really learned and came to believe many of the scriptures and promises I grew up on. Having always been in church, there were scriptures that I could quote, but had never really experienced. Romans chapter 8 was one of the scriptures, that I learned and experienced this year. Verse 31 says, "If God be for us, who can be against us?". That "who" can also mean "what", or at least for me it does. This year, I felt like there were a million people and things standing in my way. For instance, I had to deal with a few professors who just weren't agreeable. At times I thought it was impossible for me to even pass the class. But since God was on my side and I trusted Him, I walked out with nothing less than a B. Verse 35, says "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?". When I first decided to go away to college, I was a little apprehensive. I was afraid that I would not be able to maintain my salvation on a college campus. But once again, through Christ not only am I still saved, but I am stronger in Christ. This verse also reminded me just how strong Christ' love is for me. Even despite my attitude, my mistakes, my shortcomings, and my flaws; Christ' love was right there. Every second of every hour or every day of every week of every semester. The 28th verse says "And we know that all things work together for the good of them that love God, to them that are called according to His purpose." This year that promise became my life. When it says "all things" it really does mean "ALL things". Even the bad things. Now that I look back on the outcome of many situations, I realize just how true this is. Situations where I thought there was absolutely nothing good or where I expected the worst, God changed it around and produced something for my good. Sometimes I won't see the good, but I know that God worked it out for my good. Finally, verse 37 says "Nay in all things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us." I can't even express how many things God has helped me conquer this year. When I came here in August, I was nowhere near as victorious as I am now. I have, through Christ yet again, conquered roommate issues, separation anxiety, failure, shyness, bitterness, and literally everything that I was facing. I know I didn't do these scriptures justice, so go check them out for yourself! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog keep up the good work..:)
    I just started a new blog I would love if you can visit, if you give me a chance
    to see more of what I post in the future by deciding to follow me (I promise to follow you right back ASAP*) xoxo waiting on your visit!!! can't wait for you to be part of my new subscribers..xoxo
    http://closet2fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete